Understanding Blue Glow In Your Amp Tubes
If it was a power tube (usually the bigger ones, and there are usually an even number of them), then you probably have to have the amp biased. It's always best to change all the power tubes at once, not replace one at a time.... His engineer said the power supply should be set to 30 mA for full warranty on the tube. After setting to 30 mA, I measured the laser output power and got 129 watts. Then, I contacted the company and returned the laser because the seller had actually sold me a 130 watt laser with a 150 watt price tag.
What Is A Microphonic Tube? RUclip
Diagnosing Power & Rectifier Tube Failures: Most of the calls we receive about an amplifier blowing fuses turn out to be tube related. In the case of amps that have Rectifier tubes, the culprit can be either a bad Rectifier tube or a bad Power tube.... If your fluorescent bulb is flickering, switching on and off by itself, or dead altogether, test the bulb first. Testing a fluorescent tube is a relatively easy procedure that can be done without professional help.
Used Tube Amp Checklist? TalkBass.com
Response: In the old days the 12AX7 and 7025 were different quality tubes. 12AX7 is the U.S. and 7025 is the industrial name. 7025 is higher in gain and a bit brighter then the 12AX7. Itís also more heavy duty so it can take a beating. Nowadays tubes are not made this specific so the name means almost nothing except on old tubes. A Russian 12AX7 is the same as a Russian 7025. The 12AT7 is a how to plainwalker points work If it was a power tube (usually the bigger ones, and there are usually an even number of them), then you probably have to have the amp biased. It's always best to change all the power tubes at once, not replace one at a time.
FAQ Rogue Audio
What I typically tell customers to do first is to pull out all the power tubes and rectifier tube (if there is one), and put in a new fuse. Turn the amp on, and if the pilot light comes on, the power transformer and wiring are fine. If the fuse blows, you probably have blown rectifier diodes (if there is no tube rectifier in the amp). If the amp had a tube rectifier, put it back in and turn how to tell when beef chops cook wikihow Microphonic Noise: To test for microphonic noise, simply tap the tube carefully with the rubber eraser at the end of a pencil. If you hear a loud ping or lasting ringing sound, the tube should be replaced.
How long can it take?
Used Tube Amp Checklist? TalkBass.com
- What Is A Microphonic Tube? RUclip
- HOT AMPEG NEWS! PF20T PF50T PF112HLF Page 109
- How to Check If a Wire Has Power Hunker
- Technical Q&A Aiken Amps
How To Tell If Power Tube Microphonic
Remove the power tubes, replace the fuse, and see if the fuse still blows when powered up with the power tubes out. If it still blows, the tubes are not your problem. If the fuse does not blow with the power tubes out, check to see that the screen resistors are not open or burned, then, for fixed bias amps, ensure that there is an adequately negative voltage on the control grid socket contact
- 29/09/2011†∑ All tubes are microphonic to some extent. V1 is where those that are more microphonic make themselves known. Try another slot, and yes, the PI slot will work fine for a microphonic tube.
- Activate the electric power detector by turning the top knob, or pressing a button. Step 2 Test the detector on a known hot outlet or wire, by placing the tip of the detector in the outlet or on the wire.
- Single-phase power is all you need for most single (and multi) split-system air conditioners. Three-phase power might be needed for very large multi-split or ducted systems, say 20kW capacity or more.
- Microphonic power tubes will not squeal at a high pitch, but they do make a low-pitched droning sound that may continue when excited by a speaker, or only happen when you tap the amp or the power tube Ö